- Jun 18 We’re getting ready for our first Movie in the Park. Come join us for Wonder! Vendors start at 7:30. Movie begins at 8:30.
- Jun 15 City Council approved the 2018-19 budget and 2019-20 financial plan during its meeting tonight. Find out more about where your money is being spent here: http://ow.ly/DWVb30kvwb4
- Jun 14 Come out and enjoy the greatness of Town Common this weekend!
Route Transfer Changes to Benefit GREAT Bus Riders
Post Date:04/10/2017 9:45 AM
Return to full list >>
GREENVILLE, N.C. - The City of Greenville has made some changes to its Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) transfer policies that officials say will benefit riders by providing shorter ride times throughout the city.
Beginning April 10, riders can transfer from one bus to another at any stop in the city where routes overlap as long as they are transferring during the allotted one-hour time frame. Previously, riders could only transfer at the Reade Circle transfer area, the Greenville Mall, and Pitt Community College.
"After speaking with our riders about ways we could improve services and evaluating the current routes, we decided to open up the transfer policy," GREAT Transit Manager Lamont Jackson said. "By doing so, we think that we will decrease ride times for our passengers by an average of 30 minutes."
Transfer locations will now include the following:
- Greenville Mall (Routes 1 & 5)
- Pitt Community College (Routes 3 & 6)
- Walmart on Hooker Road (Routes 3 & 6)
- Along the route between Dickinson Avenue and Greenville Boulevard (Routes 3 & 6)
- On Wellness Drive near Johns Hopkins Road (Routes (2 & 6)
- Between Wellness Drive and Stantonsburg Road (Routes 2 & 6)
- Stantonsburg Road and Memorial Drive (Routes 2 & 6)