Growing small business is a City of Greenville priority. Incubate to Accelerate is a business growth and expansion strategy designed to provide a number of resources to small and micro businesses in the Greenville area. The MWBE initiative includes rental support for retail and a shared kitchen space, revolving loan funding for start-up and expansion, and back office support, such as CPA and tax services, business consultation, and documentation.
Retail space is available at below market rates to give you the jumpstart you need to grow your business. Located at 415 Evans Street in the City's Uptown District, the shared incubator space is the perfect retail spot for walk up traffic and center city buzz.
- Amount of Rent: $200.00 per month plus 4% of business profits per month
- Escalation Clause: Monthly rent will increase after the initial six months based on business performance
- Tenants will pay a pro-rata share of utilities for the building
- Lease Term: The length of the lease is negotiable, but should be a minimum of 1 year.
Please call 252.329.4664 to make an appointment to view the space.
Shared Kitchen Space (Coming Soon)
Kitchen space is available along the City’s gateway on the 5th street corridor for local food talent. Whether prepping for food truck service or a catering event, our commercial kitchen is here for you.
Back Office Support Services
The BOSS strategy is designed to provide support services to eligible local businesses that would benefit from free services in the areas of consultation, tax preparation, payroll services and other approved services. A local professional has been chosen by the City of Greenville to deliver all approved services.
- An initial one-hour consultation to understand the business’s operations, explain services offered by the Contractor and determine if the business desires to engage the Contractor
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of one personal (only if a Schedule C for the referred business is involved) or business annual tax return
- Payroll services for up to five (5) employees
- The City of Greenville will pay up to $2,000 for services rendered to the approved businesses. The cost of any additional services beyond the $2,000 limit shall be the responsibility of the business
MWBE Loan Fund
The MWBE Enterprise Loan fund is designed to provide much needed capital to eligible local businesses that would otherwise find it difficult to fund their operations through traditional capital sources. Loans are available from $3,000 to $25,000. For more details, review the Policy Manual.
There is a $100 application fee.
Eligibility Requirements for Incubate to Accelerate
- Small Businesses With Gross Receipts Under $500,000 according to the most recent annual federal tax filing
- Have Under Ten (10) Employees
- Businesses and owners must OPERATE AND LIVE within the Greenville City Limits or its Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ)
- Must Have Been in Operation for at Least Three Years*
*Applicants that have not met this criteria must have a business plan and received an acceptable Sufficiency Review from the SBTDC, or gained approval based on another assessment acceptable to the City of Greenville.
Interested in any of the services offered by MWBE's Incubate to Accelerate? Complete the appropriate Interest Form by clicking one of the links below:
Shared Kitchen Space (Coming Soon)
For more information, contact the Purchasing Division at 252.329.4664 or email email@example.com