By providing funding to complete improvements, these grants encourage associations to identify creative projects that will benefit their neighborhoods.
Past projects have included:
- neighborhood identification projects;
- landscaping of common areas;
- neighborhood watch signs;
- tool shed for upkeep of common areas;
- land acquisition (in conjunction with improvement projects);
- neighborhood awareness and promotional activities (e.g., brochures and/or newsletters); and
- communication resources (e.g., neighborhood association website).
Read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for eligibility requirements, the application process, and funding levels and disbursement.
To apply, pick up, or request a paper application call 252.329.4116. Electronic applications can be accessed here.