The Greenville, NC Police Department is nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). The CALEA Accreditation programs provide public safety agencies with an opportunity to voluntarily meet an established set of professional standards, which require:
· Comprehensive and uniform written directives that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities
· Reports and analyses to make fact-based and informed management decisions.
· Preparedness to address natural or man-made critical incidents
· Community relationship-building and maintenance
· Independent review by subject matter experts
· Continuous pursuit of excellence through annual reviews and other assessment measures
As part of GPD’s Accreditation process, we invite Greenville residents and citizens to take a short survey about your experiences with our agency and your level of satisfaction with the services we offer. Please click here to take the survey.