Trash Trucks
Bus Banner

Residential Parking

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Bus System
Next Bus
Trash and Recycling
Pickup Day

Residential parking permits can be obtained by residents who reside in a Controlled Parking Area (see map for areas) by one of two ways. To apply in person, please come by the City of Greenville's Public Works Department, 1500 Beatty Street (see further information below). To apply online please CLICK HERE. All Terms and Conditions MUST BE accepted prior to receiving an online approval for a Residential Parking Permit. There is also a $2.50 convenience fee for paying online. Once approved, the permit will be mailed to the resident at the location indicated by the permit. The approval process will take approximately 2 business days.

 A resident of a controlled parking area is eligible to receive one (1) parking permit decal for each vehicle operated by the resident.  Vehicles used for nonresidents, commuting or for storage, do not qualify for a parking permit.  The parking restrictions  apply Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., or as signage indicates.  A residential parking permit does not guarantee or reserve a parking space for the holder.

Temporary parking permits are issued to provide accommodations for non-residents to access on-street parking for residential property within the City's controlled residential parking areas (see Temporary Parking Permits for Residential Parking Areas).

To Apply For a Residential Parking Permit In Person

Where to Go:

City of Greenville Public Works Department, 1500 Beatty Street

When to Go:

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

What to Bring:

  1. Application Form

    Download and complete the Residential Parking Permit Application. If you do not have a printer, applications are available at the Public Works Department.

  2. $5.00 Permit Fee

  3. Registration

    A valid automobile registration showing your current license tag number.

  4. Driver's License

    A current driver's license of person operating the vehicle.

  5. Proof of Residency

    Proof of residency must be in your name and list the address at which the parking permit is being applied for.

    • Current Driver's License
    • Automobile Registration
    • Current Tax Bill
    • Utility Bill (postmarked or dated within the last 30 days)
    • Cable Television Bill (postmarked or dated within the last 30 days)
    • Land Line Telephone Bill (postmarked or dated within the last 30 days)
    • Signed Rental Agreement
    • Notarized Affidavit from Landlord (see page 2 of Residential Parking Permit Application)

For more information, call the City of Greenville Public Works Department, at 252.329.4522.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
Buildings and Grounds
Street Maintenance Traffic Services