Greenville, NCHome Menu
The City of Greenville is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending, and financial transparency. With this in mind, the City has partnered with OpenGov to provide its citizens and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Tool.
The tool is best utilized by using the Google Chrome browser. Click the logo below to download the latest version.
To access the financial transparency tool for Greenville, click the image below.
The tool is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations. The site provides you the opportunity to view, filter, and analyze revenue, expense, and balance sheet financial data for the City of Greenville. The City is providing actual historical budget data for public review. As a result, we hope to strengthen the connection between our local government and our community.
The video below provides an overview of how to use the financial transparency tool.
Tips for Using the Financial Transparency Tool
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The OpenGov Financial Transparency Tool is best viewed using the Google Chrome browser. Click the link at the top of this page to download the latest version of Chrome.
- You will notice the title of the report you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Click on "Saved" on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report.
- Select "Filter" to display key menus.
- You can use the "Show" drop-down menu to select the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the "Broken Down By" drop-down menu to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the "Filtered By" option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include or exclude from your graph or chart.
- Use the "Search" function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Additional Tips for Using the Tool
- You can always access the tool by navigating to https://greenvillenc.opengov.com/
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data - a percentage graph, a stacked graph, a line graph, a pie graph, and a bar graph. You can change your view at any time by simply clicking the desired type of representation at the top right of the page.
- You can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email.
- You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet or a .png image.
- When addressing the financial results of the City, it is important that we focus on the City of Greenville's General Fund. This is the main operating fund of the City and supports the regular day-to-day operations.
- Keep in mind that some expenditures do not track year to year. For example, there may be expenditure for a specific item or project in 2015 that the City no longer uses. These expenditure categories will only be visible for the years they were used.