Parking on public streets and alleys is regulated by the City of Greenville Municipal Code. To report illegal parking in your neighborhood, please call 252.329.4315.
The following general provisions of law apply whether or not there are signs or curb markings present:
- No vehicle may be parking continuously at one location on any public roadway for more than 72 hours
- Parking is prohibited in alleys, except for the purpose of actively unloading goods or passengers, unless the alley is specifically designated as an alley parking zone
- Parking of heavy duty commercial vehicles is prohibited in residential areas, unless the vehicle is loading or unloading goods or has a a service call in the immediate vicinity
- Parking unattached semi-trailers or auxiliary dollies on any street is prohibited except while loading/unloading (campers or utility trailers not included)
- Parking is prohibited in an intersection or a crosswalk, within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, in front of a public or private driveway, on a sidewalk or parked within 10 ft. of a residential driveway, on the roadway side of a parked vehicle (double parking), in a bus stop, upon a bridge (unless otherwise posted) or in such a manner that obstructs the free movement of traffic on the street
- Parking is prohibited in front of a public or private driveway (event your own driveway)
- Be aware of signage when you park. Read all signs...they may include time frame restrictions and other parking guidelines
- Street sweeping signs are posted in areas of the City where there is a routine street sweeping schedule. Parking is prohibited on the designated days for the entire time posted on the sign
The Greenville Police Department Parking Enforcement Unit is responsible for the removal of wrecked, dismantled and inoperative vehicles on public streets and the Code Enforcement Unit addresses vehicles on private property.
To report an abandoned vehicle on public streets, please call 252.329.4455 and for private property, please call 252.329.4110. You can also report the violation on-line.