Police Reports & Permits

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Records Division handles public requests for Accident, Arrest, and Case Reports as well as applications for various permits. You can get paper printouts of reports in the mail or in person or you can see various reports online using the buttons above. 

File a Report Online

The Greenville Police Department is now accepting online reports for certain non-emergency crimes that occurred within Greenville city limits. 

The online reporting system provides a convenient way to report crimes that do not require the presence of an officer and it increases police productivity by freeing officers to perform other law enforcement activities. 

Users can access the online reporting system by clicking the button "File a Report" at the top of this page.

The following reports will be accepted via online reporting:

· Damage to Property/Vandalism

· Harassing Phone Calls

· Theft/Larceny from Vehicles (no damage)

· Theft/Larceny/Stolen Property (not stolen vehicles)

· Lost Property

If you have an emergency, or need to report a crime in progress, please call 911.

Please Note:

· All cases filed online will be reviewed.

· Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted by someone within the Greenville Police Department.

· The more accurate and detailed your report, the more likely that meaningful follow-up can occur.

· Once approved, a case number will be sent to you via email and you will be able to access your full report online.

· An officer will NOT be dispatched for online reports.

· Filing a false police report is a crime.


Obtaining Accident, Arrest, and Case Reports

Accident, Arrest, and Case Reports may be obtained in person at the Records window located in the front lobby of the Greenville Police Department, 500 South Greene Street.  The records window is open from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, but is closed on recognized City holidays.  Reports may also be obtained through postal mail by sending a written request including payment for fees and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Greenville Police Department
Records Division
P.O. Box 7207
Greenville, NC 27835

Reports will not be faxed. Requests for reports are not accepted by phone.

Fees For Reports:

  • Fee is waived only for victims or individuals involved in the accident who make their report requests in person at the records window.
  • $5.00 for all reports requested by persons other than the victims or individuals involved in the accident.
  • $5.00 for all reports requested by mail even for the victims or individuals involved in the accident.

To inquire about information on police reports (without obtaining a copy of the report), contact the following records personnel:

  • For questions pertaining to Accidents, Case Reports, Arrest reports, or Permits contact one of our Records Staff Support Specialists at 252.329.4325 :

Obtaining Permits

Permit applications may be obtained in person at the Records window located in the front lobby of the Greenville Police Department, 500 South Greene Street.  The Records window is open from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, closed on Holidays.  The following permit applications along with their respective instruction sheets are available online for download by clicking the appropriate links below.


Instruction Sheet


Itinerant Merchant License



Itinerant Merchant Application



Peddlers License



Precious Metals Dealer Application



Precious Metals Dealer - Co-Owners Supplement



Precious Metals Dealer - Employee Registration Form



Precious Metals Dealer - Proof of Bond


No fee

Solicitation Permit



Taxi Driver Permit





Taxicab Franchise Permit





Effective April 2, 2018 Cash is no longer accepted at the GPD - All Cash Transactions must be completed at City Hall – Financial Services Collections Division Window 

How to Obtain a Trespass Agreement / Consent of Search Form

 Here is our new Trespass Agreement Authorization to Act as Agent form to be used for either business or residence. You can complete the agreement on your computer, print it, get it notarized, then mail it with the notarized copy with required photos (to address above), or you can deliver it to the GPD Records Unit window. If you need it notarized, you can come to the Records Unit window to do so – just please make sure you have valid photo identification ready for the notary.  (Older versions of this form will not be accepted)

If you are having a problem with a person or persons on your premises now that are in violation of either statute linked below, you can call GPD Dispatch at 252.329.4300 for police assistance.

 § 14-159.12.  First degree trespass       §14-159.13. Second degree trespass

Helpful things to know about North Carolina’s Trespassing Laws to confirm before reporting it to the police: 

-        Unless a tenant’s lease denies the tenant the authority to extend invitations, a guest who enters premises at the invitation of the tenant is not guilty of trespass, even if the landlord has told the guest not to enter.

-        “Premises” include the entire piece of real estate—not just the building, but the land as well. - Premises include, for example, an unfenced front yard.

-        If a homeowner tells a defendant to leave the homeowner’s front yard and the defendant refuses, or if a homeowner tells a defendant never to come back onto the homeowner’s property but the defendant re-enters the property.

-        Premises are posted in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, with notice not to enter the premises.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer