Information about the State's COVID-19 Safer at Home Order and its impact to City programs and services is available here. For information from the Pitt County Health Department, click here.

The Greenville City Council will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, August 13. Click here to learn more about how to participate.

The City of Greenville Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a virtual meeting on Tuesday, August 18, Click here to learn more about how to participate.

  • crew emptying recycling cans

Special Sanitation Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Individuals that are unable to bring a City-approved rollout container to the curb, due to a medical condition, may submit an application to request special services.  The application must be completed by the applicant and a physician stating the condition that prevents the applicant from rolling out the cart and the term of the condition.  The Public Works Director or designee will approve or disapprove all requests for special services. 

If an application for special services is approved, the applicant must purchase a City-approved rollout container.  The Public Works Department will then install a special services placard on the City-approved rollout container.  Department collection crews will provide backyard service but  the resident will be billed for the lower curbside rate.  This service is available to single-family and multi-family residents. 

Special Services Application - click here

For more information, please call the Public Works Department at 252.329.4522.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer