|National League of Cities
|North Carolina League of Municipalities
|Pitt County Board of Elections
The City Council will hold a quasi-judicial evidentiary hearing at its February 11, 2021, on an order requested by Ironwood Development for a special use permit. See the agenda HERE and see the link at the bottom of the page to sign up to speak.
The City of Greenville will be keeping measures in place in an ongoing effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures include barring physical attendance at the meeting, employing social distancing, and implementing remote participation. The public is encouraged to watch the City Council’s meeting live on GTV9. The following procedures have been put in place to provide the public with the ability to address the City Council during the Public Comment Period and Public Hearing by remote access.
- A Public Comment Period, not to exceed 30 minutes, will be held after the approval of the agenda.
- A Public Hearing, not to exceed 30 minutes for each side, may be held, if such matter is on the agenda.
- Those that wish to address the City Council during either the Public Comment Period or the Public Hearing, should call the City Clerk at 252-329-4422 to register by the day before the meeting at 5:00 p.m.
- Registered participants will be given an access code to speak at the meeting via Zoom, a remote conferencing service.
- Callers will be held in queue and asked to mute their phones or speakers until they are called on to speak.
- Speakers will be called in the order that they are registered.
- Individual comments are limited to three minutes and not to cover topics that are subject to a public hearing that week.
- If a person participating remotely willfully disrupts the Council meeting, then upon direction by the Mayor, such person may be removed from electronic participation, or his or her e-mail may not be read.
Prior to or within 24-hours following a public hearing, the public may submit written comments to the City Clerk’s office, 200 West Fifth Street, Greenville, NC 27835, or via email to PublicInput@greenvillenc.gov. Please include your name and address.
- Messages must be labeled either Public Comment or Public Hearing in the subject line.
- Comments submitted for the public comment period or a public hearing will be forwarded to the City Council prior to the meeting. Comments that were not received by the City Council prior to the meeting may be read by the City Clerk into record after all registered speakers have addressed the City Council. Comments received during the 24-hour period after a public hearing has been held will be forwarded to the City Council.
- Comments read by the City Clerk are subject to the time limits set by the Public Comment and Public Hearing procedures.
Register to speak at the City Council's February 8, 2021 meeting HERE.
Register to speak at the City Council's February 11, 2021 meeting HERE.