Curfew in Effect for June 2
Post Date:06/01/2020 3:42 PM
Return to full list >>
GREENVILLE, N.C. - Greenville Mayor P.J. Connelly has enacted an 8:00 p.m. curfew for the city on Tuesday, June 2. The curfew applies to the entire city limits until 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3.
The curfew requires individuals to remain at home with only a few exceptions. Exceptions of the curfew include:
- Any police or public safety officer or other government engaged in official business.
- Any member, volunteer, or employee of an organization providing disaster relief services.
- Any person in transit from a place where he or she were temporarily engaged and could not have planned his or her departure to avoid the curfew.
- Any medical service provider engaged in delivering medical services.
- Members of the news media engaged in duties essential to providing public information.
All of those who are exempt under the curfew restrictions must carry proper identification. A violation of the curfew is a misdemeanor. View the proclamation here. Anyone with questions about the curfew should call the City's Citizen Information Hotline at (252) 329-4164.